Friday, June 26, 2009

Day 14

Today I felt much better than I did yesterday. In fact, I didn’t have any symptoms at all anymore, but I am not going to complain about it. I went to the lab this morning, and Alex met me right away. We went to the graduation ceremony which I thought had already occurred but apparently hadn’t. It was incredibly hot already at 9am, and I was still a bit weak from yesterday. I ended up sitting under a tree for most of the ceremony. The students were disrespectful by American terms. The graduators were coming and going as they pleased while the speakers spoke. Then, only the PhD students had their tassels turned to the other side by professors, but no one stayed to watch. Everyone just got up and walked away to talk to family members and came back when it was time to throw their hats up.
The rest of the day basically consisted of taking pictures. The students messed around and changed gowns around with friends (they were different colors depending upon the degree in what major). We went to lunch at the normal time and had our usual afternoon break. Then, when I returned to the lab, we went out to take more pictures with teachers for awhile. After that, Tony took me to uncover my seedlings, so they could get more light. They are just about an inch tall now. For the rest of the day, I just messed around on the computer, since it was Friday, and no one wanted to actually work. Tony took me to supper because Alex had to do something, and Lily was still out taking pictures with friends. My internet is not working correctly. I am actually sitting in a hallway up a couple of floors using someone’s wireless connection. I have no idea why my Ethernet connection suddenly quit working. I will try to get it fixed as soon as possible because the internet is my lifeline!

No comments:

Post a Comment